The Pitt Rivers Museum displays the archaeological and anthropological collections at the University of Oxford.
The museum was founded on the 20,000 artifacts donated by Lieutenant-General Augustus Lane Fox Pitt Rivers, 125 years ago. These include trepanning tools, taxidermy of extinct animals, and other oddities.
This High-Victorian display hall, opened in 1884, is built like an engine shed decked with three storeys of wrought-iron verandas stuffed with the handmade objects from a thousand lost cultures.
S Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3PP